To coincide with Governance Matters Week, National Disability Services WA and Blue Zoo have partnered to provide a range of opportunities for National Disability Services WA member organisations to learn more about governance under the theme of “You don’t know, what you don’t know”.
To be held from 4-12 November, there are several ways NDS WA member organisations can participate in the Week:
NDS Governance Manager program
NDS WA provides members with free access to ‘Governance Manager’, a web based self- assessment tool designed to help people understand and improve governance within their organisations and across the disability sector.
Participation in the NDS Governance Manager program, will allow member organisations to:
- Self-assess against an agreed governance framework;
- Receive a detailed and comprehensive assessment of current standards of governance;
- Ability to compare your maturity against like sized service providers;
- Engage in robust conversation based on a common maturity model to determine a ‘desired state’ that may differ;
- Be guided in the selection of improvement initiatives that will assist in closing a maturity gap where it exists;
- Have access to a management tool that will measure and monitor progress towards achieving a desired state of governance; and
- Measure and report to stakeholders on improvements in governance maturity over time.
Connect and Get Help
Blue Zoo’s team of governance experts will host a series of interactive online video and audio group sessions. In one hour they will cover the fundamental tips and tricks you need to run through your governance assessment and use the NDS Governance Manager Program. To participate in one of these sessions click on the relevant link below approx. 15 minutes prior to the commencement time:
Thursday 7 November: 11:00 – 12:00 pm
Friday 8 November: 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Monday 11 November: 10:00 – 11:00 am
If you have any issues accessing these sessions, please contact Alexis Guillot at Blue Zoo on 08 9321 2525 or email@example.com
Training and Development
A governance specialist is available to assist you by telephone. NDS WA has organised a block of hours to be shared across members. To access this offer email firstname.lastname@example.org
Still need help?
Governance Manager has an online Help Centre which includes useful articles, frequently asked questions a support video and further guidance.
For further information about Governance Matters Week, contact David Rogers on
08 9208 9815 or email@example.com